Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Strange Ranger's Almanac

I live in a mystical little town that I like to call the Strange Range. Why is it strange you ask? Well, here in this town, it is winter 10.75 months out of the year (and our year only lasts for nine months!) Our snowbanks grow to be 8 feet tall, and they eat little children when they walk to school.

Not to worry, these snowbanks usually spit out the sassy ones.

I've lived in this town for a few years now. It is not for the faint of heart. Many weak souls have fled north (okay so maybe only one that I know of went north, the rest usually head south!) I denied that I lived here for the first few years. I came from a banana belt...you know that one about 7 miles from here. Ignorance is bliss sometimes, until you need to get out of the driveway, and you don't know where it went. (I told you that this place is strange.) Well folks, this year is going to be different. I am going to go out on a limb over here and predict that winter is now over in these parts. Snowbanks will soon disappear and you will find everything that they have consumed in the last nine months. I know, I know you are beginning to think that I have become a little crazy myself. How can I predict something so outrageous? Well, I have based this prediction solely on the fact that......

...I finally learned how to use the snowblower last week. This town may be strange, but Murphy's Law always applies. Look, the kids have found swimsuits this year.

Yes, they get their craziness from their father. I am the only normal one left in this town.....Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Lorz said...

You crack me up! ...but I'm starting to get a little concerned about you...I think may be going a bit mad... :D

Becca said...

Wow! A snowblowin' mama! You go, girl! You crack me up Jen and I don't think the kids craziness has much to do with their dad. :)

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I hear ya about the weak ones headin' north. After they closed Newberry, these people are wandering all over the place. Can we send them back to the StRange???

It's good to see a woman pulling her weight in doing chores. Ha ha. AND you better be right about spring being here. OR ELSE I will send those Northerners back!!!!

Bette

Anonymous said...

So, are you moving up north with me?? I gotta tell you, the banks are just as high. I thought I seen the top of a semi yesterday go by. Couldn't be too sure!!!

The Strange Range definately is not for the faint of heart. As you can see, the people who are normal don't last long. It's only a matter of time before they get you too!! Or have they already.....?

Carol

ethiopifinn said...

my yard is full of grass. the only thing between it and the road is the curb. just sayin'.