Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jo-Jo's Strawberry Poppy-Seed Salad

I made the salad that sis JoLynn had on her blog about a month ago for a shower last night. It was just as she said it was going to be--really yummy. Here's the recipe:

Dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
2T. lemon juice
2 T. onion
1/2 t. salt

I mixed these first ingredients in my blender, then added 2/3 c. veg. oil and 2 t. poppy seeds (also in the blender).

For the salad I had lettuce (she used romaine, I used green leaf), fresh strawberries, cucumber, green onion, and cashews. She added pear and craisins to her salad, but I didn't have these. The dressing makes the salad, so the toppings can be almost whatever you like. The Wally-Worlds had good strawberries this week on sale. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen. It was awesome!
Jane

Jen H. said...

You are welcome, Jane!

JoLynn said...

You forgot the apples. I always add apples (cut up of course) to mine. Usually "pink lady" ones, but it doesn't really matter. Hmm...never thought to add cucumber to it. Will have to try that sometime.