Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Month

Wow, where did the month go? Tonight is my supper club night again. We are doing a mixed up Thanksgiving meal. I should be starving myself for the meal, but in all reality I will still eat the same amount! So here's what we are doing. First, everyone chose a course. I picked dessert. Then we put the traditional Thanksgiving dinner ingredients (ie. turkey, pumpkin, bread, cranberries, etc) in a hat and drew one. Luckily I picked pumpkin (and not turkey)! My house smells wonderful right now. I just made pumpkin bread, with which I am going to make a pumpkin trifle. I got the idea from this month's bhg magazine. I am also going to try to make my own caramel sauce...wish me luck!

5 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

Luck!
The trifle sounds like fun... We get that mag at work. I'll have to check it out. Plus, how fun for the supper club! Is it for families, or just the chefs?

Jen H. said...

...just for the chefs, and it is wonderous. Although, I got all of my months calories in one night!

JoLynn said...

I really want to make it to one some day (or year...)

Elizabeth Halt said...

but what would've happened if the dessert person picked turkey?! What sort of dessert includes turkey?! I am racking my brain here ..

Jen H. said...

yeh, so were we...I can't remember if we just assigned turkey to the main or if it just happened to be the luck of the draw.