Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Happened to the Sunday Afternoon Nap?

My children missed the memo that from the beginning of time, Sunday afternoons were meant for napping. Sheesh. Just the other day they collapsed while playing.
This was the exact position that I caught him napping. (See I know that it can be done. Now I am trying to remember what I fed him for lunch that day...)

I found her on the floor not far from him. It seems that naps have become a rare occasion in this house. Come supper time this little angel.....

Without a nap will come unraveled...
I will say no more.

6 comments:

JoLynn said...

I was hoping for such a nap this afternoon as well...no luck! Hmm...to whom can I complain to about that?? You? :)

Becky said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

I would feel sorry for you, except I didn't get a nap either. I got to go grocery shopping instead!!
Maybe next week.....WAIT that's Super Bowl Sunday! Maybe I'll be visiting you instead.
Carol

Elizabeth Halt said...

even I like Sunday afternoon naps! Too bad you can't explain to kids that someday they'd do anything for one. :)

Amy said...

I love naps any day, but Sunday naps are especially sweet. I understand the becoming unraveled without them, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I gave my Sunday afternoon nap to my husband when Pete was born.... and he never regifts :)