Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Comfort

Yahoo, the Christmas cards just arrived. I was getting kind of nervous, because it had been almost two weeks since I ordered them. (I thought that I was going to be early this year! haha...) We finally put a tree up also. We usually get a real tree, but this year we changed things up and bought a fake one.




(Beware, I am still a really junky picture taker)


Last night I also made these....

You know that I love chocolate. These are a chocolate take on the ordinary peanut butter kiss cookie. My husband had me make them so he could take them to work. Here's the recipe:


Brownie Kiss Cookies
1 (13x9 size) Box brownie mix that comes with a packet of Hershey syrup with it
66 Hershey Caramel kisses
1/4 c. cocoa
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. water
1 c. ground pecans
2 tsp. milk

Lightly grease cookie sheets. Mix together until well blended the brownie mix, syrup packet, cocoa, eggs, oil and water. Refrigerate for 1 hour (dough will be sticky). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 48 (1 inch) balls. Roll in pecans (I only rolled the bottoms in pecans and the recipe said that they are optional, but they did help with the stickiness.) Gently press thumb in center. Bake 9 - 11 minutes. Cool completely. In microwavable bowl, combine 18 caramel kisses and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then 1o second intervals until melted. Put 1/4 tsp. of melted chocolate on each cookie and then press a whole caramel kiss on top.


I have a few admissions to make. I didn't have the brownie mix with the hershey syrup. I ended up adding some chocolate syrup that I had in the frig. I also added a little more oil and water (since I didn't have the correct brownie mix). My husband wasn't able to find the caramel kisses, but he did find some super yummy mint filled dark chocolate kisses that I used instead. So if you are a rebel like me and want to make these cookies on a blizzardy night and don't have the right ingredients...it can be done! Happy Tuesday to all and to all a good chocolate cookie recipe!

6 comments:

Laura Jean said...

YUMMY!!! One can never have too much chocolate, in my opinion!

ethiopifinn said...

congrats on the card arrival. pretty tree. my mouth is watering for those cookies--and you captured them beautifully!

Carol said...

Jen,
I looked at that black and white pic. of the tree and it took awhile to figure out where it was in your house!! I guess I should visit again sometime soon....

Jen H. said...

Carol that is definitely a sign...are you avoiding me?!!

Carol said...

Well.....now that you brought it up...... After the holidays I DEFINATELY will come over. Too much craziness before that. (Or maybe I'll surprise you!! How about right now, is it a good time? ;))

Elizabeth Halt said...

pretty tree. :)