Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bedtime Stories

I'm copying JoLynn and sharing a bedtime story involving my kiddos. Sunday night I went to the walk-in clinic with strep throat. I arrived home just in time for the bedtime shenanigans. They were put to bed and one of innocents emerged not even five minutes later with a "sore throat" (a sympathetic one, of course). I proceeded to tell them that sleep is the best medicine for sore throats. The reply was, "Yeh, but MY sore throat said that it doesn't want to sleep." That's how it goes sometimes in my house; kids won't go to bed and ailments SPEAK!

4 comments:

Becca said...

LOL....at least it was the throat speaking and not a foot or something...that'd be scary! Will we see you at Christmas time? Elizabeth and I are hoping to get together with some locals while we're in the UP....

JoLynn said...

Kids...they are too smart for their own good! That recipe down there looks scrumptious...will have to try it someday when I have a functioning kitchen again!

ethiopifinn said...

i wish other ailments WOULD speak, so we could really know what is shakin' in the bod!

what a good and creative thinker. it will be fun to see what kind of stories are created in about 12 years or so!

by the by...i was cleaning Suvi's toes today and thought of you and your girls. :)

Laura Jean said...

Kids are the best!

Merry Christmas to all of you! :)