Wednesday, December 10, 2008

6 Things That You Might Not Know About Me....

  1. I once shook the hand of Prince Charles. (Does that make me royalty? I'd like to think so!) It was the highlight of my week back when I was studying abroad in England. I had actually forgotten about it until just recently. From what I can remember I think he was kind of short and not heart palpitatingly handsome.
  2. I love the smell of this antimicrobial "juice" that we put in one of our incubators at work. It is just a really nice clean smell that I would love to replicate in a household cleaner. (Too bad I wasn't a chemist!)
  3. I love my sauna. Many of you who know me already know this, but I had to include it because I love it so much! I detest being cold coming out of a shower. My husband even installed a heat lamp for me in my bathroom, but that still doesn't cut it. I often turn on my sauna every night just for the warm shower. (I know that you green folk out there probably wouldn't approve of my selfish use of electricity, but I am not sure that I can live without it!)
  4. My dream job would be as a food taster for competitive chef shows! I love to cook, but I think that I love eating more. I would have to go back to school to be a chef (who has time for that?), plus I hate cleaning up. I think that I would be an even better chef (and mother) if I knew that I wouldn't have to clean up the mess I created!
  5. I hate my feet. I love baby feet.
  6. I might be related to Elvis. I thought that my mom said once that someone that she was related to had a fling with Elvis...but then again it could have just been a dream! Either way it makes for an interesting topic. Maybe that is why I love to sing (even if it is horribly). Have a good day and toodles!

eta. since it is the season for giving, I wanted to give you, my reader, a seventh little known fact about me. So here it is....

  • I love chocolate. I can eat it straight out of the bag, and the darker the better. However, I sneeze almost every time that I eat it. It must be an inherited trait, because my two year old loves chocolate also (she is always digging in the baking cupboard). She sneezes also, and I am left with a chocolate spray to clean up!

8 comments:

JoLynn said...

Okay Lala Jean...'member that nickname? I believe your daughter Kali takes after you...just singin' away.

Hmm...Elvis, huh? Will have to try and get the scoop from Mom to see if you're making that up or not. :)

And thanks for rubbing it in that you have a sauna! All I'm gonna say is, whatever!!!

Becca said...

Just have her clean it up...I have yet to meet a kid who has a problem with licking chocolate off of things. LOL.

You actually shook hands with Prince Charles Was he nice? Did your hand tingle? Are you making that up....oh wait...I was there too! We sure were giddy, weren't we? Rather silly, I must say.

Elizabeth Halt said...

I do remember how excited you girls were! That was fun to see. :)

Speaking of green, LOL .. I am reading a green-type book that pointed out that the smell of clean is "nothing", but we have forgotten this because we like clean to smell like lemon or cleaners or .. tee-hee. I like this idea, mostly because I do not like the smells that get added to things. They are like perfume, too strong and potent and cough-inducing. :)

Laura Jean said...

Prince Charles AND Elvis! Very interesting life, my friend!

Don't hate me, but I do NOT like saunas. Unless I've got a nasty cold, of course. :)

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

You're killing me! Elvis?! Hmmmm...you have always liked to sing. Maybe you're on to something.

I'm with Laura, I don't really like saunas. Unless I'm sick. Then it's a necessity. We've been living in our house for well over a year and I've yet to take one. Mark, however, couldn't live without one. (He built ours before he even built our house.)

JoLynn said...

The scoop about Elvis is this: our uncle's (mom's brother) first wife was somehow related to Elvis...Mom can't remember exactly how. So, you got it partially right I guess... ;)

Carol said...

Hey! Let's see...hmmm....your husband and my husband are related, so I guess I'm related to Elvis too!!
Saunas and chocolate, "These are a few of my favorite things". My only problem with saunas, I have to drive home after taking one! And chocolate....I should probably eat something else for breakfast besides chocolate!

Laura Jean said...

Have you had the Hershey's Bliss chocolate? I'm a milk chocolate girl- but these have a little of the bitter taste of dark chocolate in them- YUM!!!