Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I Did Over My Blog Vacation

I granted myself an extended vacation (since I am the boss around here). I didn't think that you would mind a little break from my craziness for a bit anyway. What on earth was I doing that kept my from blogging? It was boring really. Okay, I will tell you.
  • A few days were spent spring cleaning for some unexpected company.
  • Another couple days were spent recovering from that (and then it became dirty all over again--its a vicious cycle).
  • My sisters came to town for our future sister's wedding shower and we whooped it up, of course! (I was expecting their visit.)
  • I went to work a handful of days to get a break from refereeing the kids who spent over a week together non-stop for the first time since Christmas.
  • We then rewarded the kids for their behavior by taking them to a hotel for a night. (We are really good parents, maybe we will write a book someday about rearing children. Be sure to look for it in the self-help section.)
  • The hubster had his week off, and I couldn't possibly let him think that I spend my free time doing anything other than mending, darning socks, scrubbing, and preparing my signature meals everyday. He's making me a new kitchen table upon which to serve those meals, so it was the least that I could do.

...and that is about all that I did during my blog vacation. BTW. I missed you, too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darning socks??????? I was darning socks tonight too......those darning things don't match up. One darning sock is found under the bed. Another in the drawer. Until i end up screaming WHERE DID YOU PUT THAT OTHER DARNING SOCK!!!!!??? Actually, it is the other "D" word that I use, but don't tell.

Should I sign this?
BP

Jen H. said...

Darning socks reminds me of my grandma! I also went fishing in the Kenmore sea for undies!

ethiopifinn said...

at this point my kids have about 3 socks each, so they get to wear one clean sock, then one clean one dirty, then no socks or two dirty...

Becca said...

You have my sympathy regarding the snow.

julie l said...

over achiever.... or overachiever or over-achiever? I can't decide... but you are one.. however it's spelled. :)

Elizabeth Halt said...

you have my EXTREME sympathy regarding the snow, though I am evil and call Helen to chuckle over the fact that it's snowing. I will be nicer to you since I see you less often. ;)