Monday, April 20, 2009

Me--The Optimist

I am going to steal a trademark line from my friend Elizabeth and say this, "I am turning over a new leaf (actually more like a wet one)." I am no longer going to be a pessimist (sp?) There I said it. I never would admit it before; I preferred to answer to the tune of a realist (just sugar coats it a bit). Only positive thoughts are allowed in my head. As for the approximately four inches of new snow....I am going to receive it as a gift from the man upstairs. Now the kids aren't tracking in anymore mud, and their clothes are staying clean a lot longer! I am loving the snow pants....never thought that would come from me mid-April did ya! ooh, another positive thought has just popped--now I have more time to finish the spring cleaning that I never really finished! I mean who wants to clean when the weather is nice anyway? Hello, I am a desperate housemom and I love winter (and cleaning). You should try saying that over and over....its really therapeutic.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Hey - that's my trademark line! I think I used it most every Monday, LOL.

I had no idea you were a pessimist. Er, I mean realist.

However, if it's really a wet leaf, you might not want to turn it over. It will dry better if you don't.

;)

Anonymous said...

One more positive about the sn*& is that my yard looks clean again!!!!

I'm glad you are turning leaves over there. It's about time. haa.

Have you ever looked under a wet leaf? It's where the worms hang out, and the mold, and the slugs and the rotting stuff. So go ahead. Turn it over.

Bette

Anonymous said...

I have to dig out the snowpants again.......I know, I know, I
NEVER should put them away, but we were getting out of town company, so I had to clean and get rid of clutter. Now to remember where I put them!
Carol

Lorz said...

LOL. It would probably help your new self to come down here this week. 80 on Thursday. I mean, that's a beach day!

Connie said...

The realist in me shut the shades so I don't have to even LOOK at it. I'm thinking Thursday will be safe to open them again.