Monday, September 22, 2008

Tilapia Baked in Couscous

So here's the recipe that I promised.....

10 oz. couscous
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes (I just used a couple of fresh roma tom.)
1 T. cumin
salt & pepper
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1 lemon sliced thinly
4 (8oz.) tilapia fillets (I used 8 (4oz.) fillets from the frozen section)
2 1/2 c. water
3 T. flat leaf parsley chopped
Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine couscous, almonds, tomatoes, and cumin. Season this with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in 1/4 c. olive oil and lemon juice
4. Drizzle 1 T. olive oil over bottom of 9x13 pan. Arrange fillets in single layer. Season well with salt & pepper. Drizzle 1 T. oil over the top of them.
5. Cover fish with the couscous mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and put lemon slices on top. (I would say the lemon slices weren't really necessary)
6. Pour water around fish, cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes
7. Top with chopped parsley (I didn't have this either--still was good)





4 comments:

Cyndi said...

YUM! This sounds delicious! I have some of that frozen tilapia in my freezer... this is just the recipe I was waiting for. :)

SO good to see you Saturday!!! Next time we shall have to go out for coffee... we can even just sip it. ;)

Jen H. said...

I am not offended by gulping either. You can gulp while I sip!

Carol said...

Now if we can have a sample...;)

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm not sure I'm in the mood for tomatoes in my couscous, but it looks good otherwise. Maybe I'll skip that part and put them in a salad. :-)