Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cappuccino Coolers

Here's a good drink recipe for those of you looking for a sweet pick-me-up treat for yourself. (My kids would probably have no problem enjoying this either--if I let them!) It is from an Allrecipes cookbook that I have.

(This yields 2-3 servings, so plan accordingly)
1.5 cups cold coffee
1.5 cups chocolate ice cream
1/4 c. chocolate syrup
crushed ice
whipped cream
chocolate shavings

1. In a blender, combine coffee, ice cream and chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour over crushed ice into glasses (I threw the ice in the blender, too). Garnish each serving with a dollap of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, find a quiet closet to hide in and ENJOY!

4 comments:

Connie said...

oooooooh hoo hoo hoo hoo. thank you.

Jen H. said...

I definitely go a buzz from this...didn't fall asleep that night until about 2am! It was worth it, though.

Lori said...

This I am definately going to try out;)

Missed you (and the fam) at thanksgiving, by the way!

Jennifer said...

i love your screen name and i will most def. try this recipe:)