Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Dirt

Okay, so I was just reading my blog title (about taking our life to the curb), and realized that we have been keeping our amazing talents locked up in the house lately. I need to start sweeping our dirt back outside again. I will spare you any pics of the dirty house. A lot has been going down in this house. After my bro got married, my fam took a trip across the Mighty Mac-i-nac to visit my sister and her rat pack. My other sister, meanwhile has since returned from the other side of the earth to triple her family size! I now have 2 new nephews Greg and Ross, whom I haven't met personally, but they are home safe and adjusting. We also learned that my husband's job is safe for the time being. I was preparing for it not to be, so that was kind of a relief. The snow has finally melted. We had a 90 degree day last week (hopefully it isn't the only one of the year!) Mexican was the theme of the our last supper club (until after summer) that I hosted at my house on our ninety degree day! We made the trip to Iron Mtn. for a Memorial Day BBQ at my sister's house. Mmmmm. I am hungry again. Maybe it is because I am eating for two lately! Maybe that is why my house is dirty, and I have been hibernating. Maybe this will be number five...and just maybe it really will arrive on Christmas EVE!!!! yikes...gotta run. I have Christmas shopping to do!

9 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

well then, perhaps "congrats!" always good to maybe hear news :)

Becca said...

I've actually completed a lots of Christmas shopping already (yay!) I'm so glad to hear Bruce's job is safe and secure for the time being. What a relief to your family ....and sheesh, you've been busy! We'll be up there sometime in July so if you're around we'll have to squeeze in a visit!

(Did you follow that ramble? I'm not sure I did)

Julie L said...

Hey! Congratulations!! now get shopping :)

Tina A. said...

how fun! a Christmas baby. congrats.

Anonymous said...

I want to write something witty but I said it all the other day. Sorry. Fresh outta fat-lady pickle jokes.

-B

Anonymous said...

And of course, CONGRATS! You'll have to wrap the baby in a bow and put it under the tree.

B- again

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love the new backround.
Carol

Connie said...

Well, I'm glad I got the news from you yourself instead of your blog! I guess I haven't been here in TWO weeks?? How did that happen?

Elizabeth Halt said...

congrats! :)